NAEAL Advocacy and Networking
NAEAL advocacy program aims at strengthening community based and national organizations through capacity building trainings such as Leadership, Peace Building Small Business Development skills, Teachers and PTA Training programs. In collaboration with other education organizations, NAEAL uses the international Literacy Day Celebration as a platform to raise awareness on the importance of Adult Education/ Literacy in Liberia. As one of the experienced adult education organizations in Liberia, NAEAL currently chairs the Adult education forum of Liberia.
The forum engages into advocacy activities such as lobbying and resource mobilization for financial, technical and material support to promote and sustain literacy and non formal education programs and activities nationwide, as well as personal and institutional development advocate and influence policy makers on National Adult Education/non-formal Education Policy and direction in partnership with the Ministry of Education, international partners and stakeholders
Create awareness and sensitize policy makers and implementers as to international convention and best practices and approaches in adult learning for informed decision making
In order to build a stronger voice through advocacy, NAEAL is a member of the following networks
- Pamoja Liberia a network of REFLECT Practitioners
- New African Research and Development Agency (NARDA Network)
- Civil peace service (CPS) Liberia
- NAEAL ensures effective coordination and management of a decentralized adult literacy program in Liberia.
- Promote a supportive community based program for women, men and out of school youths to improve their literacy skills.
- Establishes intergenerational learning program to encourage children to parents learning
- Develop radio jingles and drama
- Develop IEC materials
- Engaging policy makers and line Ministry for budgetary allocation for adult education in Liberia